Pattern Changing is a 14 week course for women who are or have been in an abusive relationship. The course aims to break the cycle of abuse and to break patterns of behaviour which lead to returning to an abusive partner or entering into another abusive relationship.
The course covers the following areas:
- Rights of all human beings – The Bill Of Rights
- The impact of domestic abuse on women and their families
- Why it is so hard to leave
- Difficult childhood legacy
- Setting boundaries and ending old patterns
- Understanding and dealing with feelings like grief, guilt, fear and anger
- Planning future goals and how to make decisions
- How to form healthy relationships
- And most of all, how to love and appreciate yourself.
I am not running any group courses, but I am able to use my experience of facilitating pattern changing in my counselling practice. On a one to one basis we can look at the above as and when appropriate.
The main aim of pattern changing is the ability to learn to appreciate and love yourself; to feel that you are okay the way you are and you deserve to be treated well. This can lead you onto a more positive path into a happier future in which you can form equal and respectful relationships.